Friendy Friday with Claudy Conn and Angela Roquet from MMU!
Greetings Rockers! I'm coming to you from Falls Church, VA today where my family and I are about to embark on an adventure. I'll be sure to post pics, but first...I've got TWO witchtastic author interviews for you today from my fellow Magic and Mayhem Blast Off group! Claudy Conn and Angela Roquet will make you giggle with their answers to the Witchy Interview! So sit back, strap in, and hold on!
USA Today bestselling author Angela Roquet is a great big weirdo. She collects Danger Girl comic books, owls, skulls, random craft supplies, and all things Joss Whedon. She’s a fan of renewable energy, marriage equality, and religious tolerance. As long as whatever you’re doing isn’t hurting anyone, she’s a fan of you, too.
Angela lives in Missouri with her husband and son. She’s a member of SFWA and HWA, as well as the Four Horsemen of the Bookocalypse, her epic book critique group, where she’s known as Death. When she’s not swearing at the keyboard, she enjoys boating with her family at Lake of the Ozarks and reading books that raise eyebrows.
1.What is your name and the witchiest thing about you?
Angela Roquet - My spooky library of spell books.
2.What element is strongest in your magic/writing process?Electricity : P
3. When did you know you had a knack for writing wild 'n' witchy tales?After writing Blood Moon, the first book in my Spero Heights series. It's where I played with my first witchy heroine.
4. Which witch/author do you admire most of all?Robyn Peterman, of course!
5. If you visited Assjacket, who do you think would be your instant BFF?Wanda the raccoon Shifter. She's a great baker, and she has the diner with all the fooood! <3
6. Do you have a familiar? Or plural? If so, can we see pictures?
I am currently familiarless. : ( Maybe I'll find another one day.
8. If you could call on any sort of magic and have whatever you desired for a single evening...what would it be?I'd borrow Samantha's twitchy nose (or Margo's winky lashes) and organize my office and closet like a boss! Erm, I mean, like a witch!
9. What magical feat/story are you most proud of creating?My very first novel, Graveyard Shift, book 1 in my Lana Harvey series.. It's not as witchy as Margo's tales, but it is full of magic!
10. What is your witchy author theme song? Links appreciated.I put a spell on you (the Annie Lennox version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TrSMaOZm3Y
11. Who is the most swoonworthy book boyfriend in either your series or one you've read?Hmmmm I'd have to go with Kisten from Kim Harrison's Hollows series.
Angela can be found at the links below! Thanks for joining us today!
Next up we have the fabulous Claudy Conn!
Some may know Claudy Conn as Claudette Williams/Melanie Davis, two names she used when publishing her regency and historical romances, with Random House, Zebra and Doubleday. New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who writes historical and regency romances, has stepped into the world of paranormal romance as well, with her hits such as The Legend Series, Through Time Series and the Shadow Series. We asked what does she do when she isn't writing and she tells us, she and her hot husband love hiking, swimming, traveling and playing with their variety of animals--wolf Cherokee and her now overgrown hybrid pup, Rocky the Man, included. Her favorite things she says are, chocolate, fries and pizza.
1. What is your name and the witchiest thing about you?
Claudy Conn (and I'd say it's the familiar...)
2.What element is strongest in your magic/writing process?
3. When did you know you had a knack for writing wild 'n' witchy tales?
Do I? Damn, I hope so. Love anything Robyn Peterman Zahn and the need just took over.
4. Which witch/author do you admire most of all?
Of course I love Robyn and admire her style, but Renee George also grabs my admiration.
5. If you visited Assjacket, who do you think would be your instant BFF?
Sassy, I adore Sassy.
6.Do you have a familiar? Or plural? If so, can we see pictures?
We had two wolves, Cherokee and her son (hybrid) Rocky the Man also 12, just a few months ago, but now there is Bella, now just 3 months old.
7. What is your familiar's most annoying habit?
8. If you could call on any sort of magic and have whatever you desired for a single evening...what would it be?
Eat anything and everything I want and lose weight.
9. What magical feat/story are you most proud of creating?
Oh, for me, it is the first in my series, Witch in the Attic which was so much fun to write.
10. What is your witchy author theme song? Links appreciated.
Bat out of Hell
11. Who is the most swoonworthy book boyfriend in either your series or one you've read?
I like alpha bad boys and my heroes are so I like them all.
You can find Claudy on Facebook!
That's about all we have time for today. I hope you'll join me next week for more witchin' good fun as I bring you more of our Magic and Mayhem Universe authors! Be sure to snatch up the books! Monday, June 24th is Blast Off Day, so pre-order your copies today so they can slide right onto your device!
STAY TUNED FOR MORE ROCK 'N' ROMANCE...