Friendy Friday with Amy Lane and NEWS!
Welcome to Friendy Friday on the Rock 'n' Romance Blog...I'll be your hostess, Ro, and as usual, I'm bringing to you one of the super cool people I've met in Romancelandia, Amy Lane. This fabtabulous lady writes all kinds of goodies for Dreamspinner Press and today she's here to share her latest release, Familiar Demon, and to give us the World's Most Dangerous Interview!
Amy is one of those encouraging people you meet that makes you smile and feels just like a kindred spirit. She spoke at my local writer's group, the San Francisco Area Chapter of Romance Writers of America, this past month and she said she writes everything from "drug-addicted rock stars, to sweet and sexy category romance." I love it that she's all over the place and is satisfying her creative soul. Her tagline, "Choose your Lane to Love" allows her readers to pick and choose her books by their favorite genres. Pretty smart! Here's her bio:
Amy Lane lives in a crumbling crapmansion with a couple of growing children, a passel of furbabies, and a bemused spouse. She's been nominated for a RITA, has won honorable mention for an Indiefab, and has a couple of Rainbow Awards to her name. She also has too damned much yarn, a penchant for action-adventure movies, and a need to know that somewhere in all the pain is a story of Wuv, Twu Wuv, which she continues to believe in to this day! She writes fantasy, urban fantasy, and gay romance--and if you accidentally make eye contact, she'll bore you to tears with why those three genres go together. She'll also tell you that sacrifices, large and small, are worth the urge to write.
And now... The World's Most Dangerous Interview:
1. Name a liquid you’ve shot out of your nose while laughing… bonus points for what made you laugh. I shot milk out my nose, when a friend of mine-- who was gay-- sat down next to me at band camp and sang, to the tune of Barney, “I love you, you love me, ho-mo-sex-u-al-i-ty, People think, we’re just friends, but we’re really lesbians!” Double shot--straight through the nostrils.
2. What’s your favorite music to dance to? Rock!
3. Name the first book you read as a young person with sexy times in it. How many times did you read it? That I remember? Solitaire by Sara Craven. I read it until the pages crumbled.
4. What is the most fascinating thing you’ve discovered because of writing? You can’t really exercise your demons-- they usually grow stronger at the exposure to light. I tried to get rid of a fear of something grabbing my feet when I’m in murky water by writing a scene where a heroine gets her ankle grabbed. Now I’m REALLY paranoid.
5. Name a reading guilty pleasure? Macguyver/Jack fanfiction
6. Which book boyfriend/girlfriend (wither one you’ve read or written) sets the standard for all heroes/heroines in your writing? Roarke from J.D. Robb’s In Death-- omg, I want someone who takes care of my guys like Roarke takes care of his wife.
7. Name a book that scared the bejeebers out of you and why it scared you. The Talisman by Stephen King/Peter Straub. Because the territories were terrifying.
8. If you had to choose a movie or book to live in, what would it be? Stardust by Neil Gaiman
9. Name your author superpower and how does it come out in your writing? I can’t set a table with something I won’t eat for dinner. So I can’t put something in the beginning without making sure that plot point doesn’t play out by the end of the book.
10. Which book do you wish you’d written? The Iron Duke by Mejean Brook
11. Which musical describes your life? Something Rotten
Upon reading this I immediately messaged her back to ask about the Jack/MacGuyver Fan-Fic hahaha!
Here's the deets on Familiar Demon:
Familiar Love: Book Two
For over a century, Edward Youngblood has been the logical one in a family of temperamental magical beings. But reason has not made him immune to passion, and Edward’s passion for Mullins, the family’s demon instructor, has only grown.
Mullins was lured into hell through desperation—and a fatal mistake. He’s done his best to hang onto his soul in the twisted realm of the underworld, and serving the Youngblood family when summoned has been his only joy. Edward concocts a plan to spring Mullins by collecting a series of items to perform an ancient ritual—an idea that terrifies Mullins. He can’t bear the thought of losing Edward and his brothers to a dangerous quest.
But every item in their collection is an adventure in brotherhood and magic, and as Mullins watches from the sidelines, he becomes more and more hopeful that they will succeed. When the time comes for Mullins to join the mission, can he find enough faith and hope to redeem himself and allow himself happiness in the arms of a man who would literally go to hell and back—and beyond—to have Mullins by his side?
Get your copy on Amazon
And thanks to Amy for being here today!
In other news...
Keep an eye on your inbox Monday, February 25th for a newsletter-y thingie with A SALE THAT WILL ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! At least I hope it will! And thanks to all who participated in my Wednesday the 13th Giveaway! Congrats to my winner Chris! That was so much fun, I intend to have another one soon, so if you aren't subscribed, DO EET NOWWWWW!
Are you on Instagram? I'll be on Romanced by the Book on Saturday at #romancedbythebook. Got questions about Typhoon Toby? Send em over!
And with that... Stay Tuned for more Rock 'n' Romance...